Thursday 10 January 2019

Art in Paris

We went to alot of the usual art gallery's whilst in Paris.. there are still plenty more to see next time.  Below are a few pictures of my most favourtie of art/sculpture etc we saw on our travels around Paris.

Sculpture of a head and hand

Detail of lace on a dress - not sure who the painting is by but the detail was astounding

One of my all time favourite images and I got to see it in the flesh
Women on a Sofa by Matisse - I really loved this one. The kind of Parisian room I can imagine myself in
Van Gogh - Women in a Garden (Provence) painting. I love this - evokes so many lovely memories of gardens and Provence
Van Gogh - another of his Provence paintings. I love paintings of gardens, especially vegetable gardens - see photo below which I took on our travels - similar subject - lots of lovely neat rows of vegetables.
Taken at Chatillon-sur-Loire - a gorgeous town in Burgandy at the end of our week on a canal boat.
The Lace Maker by Vermeer... one of my favourite paintings as it depicts women and textiles making as its subject

One section of the Waterlilies painting by Monet - I didnt realise how large it is




No comments:

Post a Comment