Friday 4 January 2019

2019 - the year ahead

Happy New Year to everyone...

I am now back at work after a restful 10 days off but my goodness it rained here in the tropics, which kind of put a damper on things... that tropical downpour scenario where you just cant go outside without getting thoroughly drenched. I have to admit that cabin fever did set in despite my pile of DVD's to watch.

Looks like we might be headed for some more rain soon and possibly another cyclone - early for the season (having already had one skirt on by us in December).

I had a fantastic year.  We did our big trip to France and the UK for our 25th wedding anniversary in July and we had a ball. France was everything I had imagined (and read about for the past 20 odd years) and more... we are already planning another trip.  I really cant describe it. Paris was busy and bustling and frustrating but so beautiful in so many ways. I loved just about everything we did, despite the heat and the endless lines of tourists everywhere.. a few pics below from out and about... I'll put some more up next week about some of the wonderful artwork we saw in Paris.

Art Nouveu at the Metro station
The Seine

The Black Cat shop - we saw lots of cats in Paris

View from the Eiffel Tower

Sacre Cour
 
Eiffel Tower from below

No comments:

Post a Comment